Passing the Exams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Passing the Exams

Post  Tannim on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 pm

I thought it'd be helpful for prospective Chunins, Special Jonins, or Jonins to have an idea of what their exams will entail before they face them.

---

* Chunin

For the Chunin exam, it starts off with a 10 question test with varying levels of difficulties, and all questions require ninjutsu. You can, however, cheat with genjutsu at a 7d/2s. If you fail while cheating, though, you get two points taken off, so don't cheat unless you absolutely have to. If you get a total of 6 points, you pass that portion of the test. I should note that at no time during the written test can you use jutsus to augment your score, but I think friends still help out if I remember correctly.

The difficulty for questions are as follows: 10d/1s, 8d/3s, 10d/1s, 9d/2s, 10s/1s, 10d/1s, 10d/2s, 6d/1s, 10d/1s, 6d/1s

Secondly, you have to make it through the Forest of Death. There are three portions of this test, each using a different type of jutsu. You can once again use jutsus to augment your rolls.

Sneak Past the Ambush! - 7d/2s Genjutsu

The Second Scroll! - 6d/3s Taijutsu

Last Dash - 5d/4 Ninjutsu

After this you're home free as long as you're not click-happy. It's just three requirement parts, all of which you can leave the test to complete later if you didn't have them finished at the start of the test. Just make sure you have enough ninja allies, jutsus and C-Rank missions.

Basic Competency - I have at least 6 Ninja Allies

Jutsu Knowledge - I know at least Ten Jutsu

Experience - I've beaten 8 or more C-Rank missions

---

And there we go! Congratulations, you've passed the Chunin Exam!
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Re: Passing the Exams

Post  Tannim on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:20 am

* Special Jonin

There are three tests for the Special Jonin rank. First, we start off with a couple of tests in your area of speciality (whatever skill is eleven or higher). Thank you Mayumi and Skittles for confirming that, if you have more than one skill at level 11, you'll get additional mission choices for those skills. These disappear once you choose your specialty. And remember, friends and jutsus can help with your scores here.

Quality of Work - 10d/3s

Concistency of Work - 4d/8s

After these two are completed, you'll have Timmy as a new ally! Now you get to...

Train a Student - You have received a student. Take him with you on missions and train him. Once he has learned enough (30 missions won), return.

Don't click 'Got it' until this requirement is completed!

The thing about Timmy is the fact that, while he does enhance your learning experience, he also slows you down since you need to constantly protect him. Thus he gives a 20% XP/AP bonus, but at a cost of -2 Strength and -2 Levels. I recommend pairing him up with someone who will help combat these loses, like Billy (see the Teams section of the forum). If you can, though, get some teammates that'll counter the -2 Strength, as that really hurts you on a mission.

The best part about this is that you don't have to take C-Rank missions, you can take D-Rank or even training missions and each one counts towards your mission total. So if you find yourself having a tough time, go ahead a burn some Stamina on easy missions to get the Special Jonin rank. After using a cumulative total of 300 or more stamina, you'll be done with this part of the mission.

Congratulations! You've made Special Jonin!

Last edited by Tannim on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:57 pm

* Jonin

There's a couple of things you'll need before you should start the Jonin Exam. First, you'll need the following Techniques: Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death, Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu, Mind Body Switch Technique, and Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu so you can auto-succeed in some places. Next you'll need a full team of Jonin, so pick any three known Jonin: K-Dog, Bruce Sr., K.Y., or Smokey the Bear, to name a few. Special Jonin like Annie, The Scar, and Mr. Smith will not cut it. More will be added to the list as they become confirmed. Once you have all the techniques and the proper team, you should be ready to go! Good luck!

---

Your village is being raided! You ready yourself to protect it, as always, but this seems... different. Something's wrong. You see a shadowy hooded figure on the rooftops point, as enemy ninjas swarm over the village. "All but this lone defender are disabled by my great Genjutsu. Destroy him, and the village is ours. Forget their resources. Kill them all." You leap to the attack, alone!

Horde of Enemies - 8d/6s Ninjtusu, 5d/4s Taijutsu

Rain of Death - 15d/15s Taijutsu, use Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death

Breakthrough - 19d/9s Taijutsu, use Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu

Ninja at the Wheel - 99d/99s Gentusu, use Mind Body Switch Technique

Suicide Charge - 99d/99s Ninjutsu, use Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu

A Powerful Team - Rush Them (requires three Jonin on team)

The Boss - 14d/13s, use any of your bloodline-specific techniques to beat him. RedEye use any RedEye technique (including, you guessed it, RedEye), WhiteEye use any WhiteEye-specific technique (like Eight Trigrams Eleventy Billion Palms), etc.

Congragulations, you're now a Jonin!
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayumi on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm

As it happens, if you're 11+ in two areas, you get two possible special missions for the Special Jonin exam. This is actually fairly likely if you're not rushing for the rank, with everything in one area...

Mayumi
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skittles on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:57 am

Mm, and all of them if all of your stats are above 11. Unfortunately, once you complete one of them, the other missions disappear.
Skittles
Kage
Kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:41 am

Special Jonin exam is now edited and updated. Thanks you guys! ^_^
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer